United Civilizations - World Civil Society
United Civilizations - World Civil Society is
an autonomous and inclusive assembly of civil society organizations
working together at the local, regional and global levels and in
collaboration with the UN Alliance of Civilizations.
MISSION: to establish a "Planetary Citizen's Assembly" that will organise communities into intercultural, inter-ethnic, inclusive & sustainable societies.
VISION: a global inclusive society and culture of peace
Members of United Civilizations - World Civil Society are predominantly non-governmental organizations and associations, individuals, private organizations and corporations who are:
- active in the field of intercultural dialogue and cultural diversity, and
- work across all sectors concerned with improving the general welfare of communities.
United Civilizations - World Civil Society serves as the direct link between the UN Alliance of Civilizations, its members (Focal Points), and grassroots community-based organizations. The initiative is guided by the Global Presidency and managed by Global Dialogue Foundation, Melbourne, Australia.
- Trust and respect
- Transformation and responsibility
- Fairness and partnership
- Commitment to diversity, peace, progress
- Commitment to cultural rights, human rights and justice
- Commitment to honesty, openness and accountability
- Commitment and collaboration between the members at Country level, the Countries on the Continental level, and the champions on the Global level
- Commitment to Volunteerism
- Commitment to socially responsible entrepreneurship
- Strengthening the role of civil society organizations to promote intercultural dialogue, cultural diversity and inclusion, at grassroots level within their own countries and across them.
- Improving relations within and between all cultural, ethnic and religious groups, including all minorities, majorities and migrants in the country, preventing persistent tensions and divides.
- Supporting the efforts of the UN Alliance of Civilizations to close the gap between government institutions and civil society organizations.
- Expanding the number of participating countries in 'Unity in Diversity - World Civil Society' and driving the development of intercultural actions at grassroots level around the world.
- Creating opportunities for partnerships with socially responsible business in the private sector, encouraging entrepreneurship, mentoring with a focus on developing new employment opportunities in participating countries, and trading relations across the Diaspora.
- Facilitating the exchange of information and best practices and building synergies between local civil society organizations with the UN Alliance of Civilizations and its partners.
- Promoting cross-cultural understanding and cooperation among local and global communities.
As a member of UNITY IN DIVERSITY - WORLD CIVIL SOCIETY, you can expect to:
- Gain access to the UN Alliance of Civilizations global network of partners
- Connect with local and international organizations working in the field of intercultural understanding
- Find partnership opportunities for joint-projects on local and international level
- Gain access to joint-fundraising efforts
- Access leadership and development opportunities
- Gain access to community leaders representing different cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Raise the profile and the visibility of innovative local policy and practices onto the global scene
opportunities to attend events organized by the UN Alliance of
Civilizations and its partners and to participate in programs (annual
Forum; regional and thematic programs; grants and competition;
- Receive the latest information and exchange data with UN Alliance of Civilizations
- Contribute to fostering the impact of every culture on the development of mainstream society
- Non-governmental and apolitical organizations
- Private companies and corporations
- The Arts & Culture
TYPES OF ORGANIZATIONS:
- Faith-spiritual-religious groups
- Cultural and ethnic groups
- Socially responsible business
- Social and sports clubs
- Peak bodies
- National congress bodies
- Civil society councils
- Multicultural organizations
- Community/national and various councils