GDF World Civil Society of India
Chairperson, Unity in Diversity - World Civil Society India
R. Kaarthikeyan is a farmer-turned, lawyer-turned, senior police
officer-turned, Human Rights activist-turned, promoter of Inter-faith
Harmony and environmentalist. He held very high positions in the
Government of India including Director General of the National Human
Rights Commission, Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation and
Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force.
He has visited over 120 countries participating in and addressing Conferences relating to various subjects of human welfare including fighting violence, crime and terrorism, and promoting Environment, Human Rights and Inter-faith Harmony.
services have been recognized and honoured by the Government and
Non-Governmental Organisations. He was awarded by President of India
with Medal for Meritorious Service and Medal for Distinguished Service.
Other honours include Atma Jyoti (Light of the
Soul); Delhi Ratna (Jewel of Delhi); Humanitarian Award; Centenarian
Paramacharya Award; Rajiv Gandhi Award for Communal Harmony; FOR THE
SAKE of HONOUR from many Rotary and prestigious civil society
organizations from India and Abroad.
He is currently associated with several organizations promoting spirituality, value based education, health for all, welfare of the rural people and farmers, environment and clean and Renewable Energy. He has edited and published several books and articles on various subjects.
His popular publications include, “Triumph of Truth-The Rajiv Gandhi Assassination-The Investigation” and “Human Rights-Problems and Solutions”. President of India, in recognition of his distinguished service to the Nation, has awarded the title “Padma Shri”, one of the highest National Awards of India.
He constantly travels participating in many events both in India and outside.
A couple of recent noteworthy events in which he was invited to participate and address are –
International Day of Yoga Celebrations at Lisbon, Portugal again and again
On Invitation, he participated in the International Day of Happiness event at the United National Headquarters at New York on 20th March 2016 and addressed an International gathering committed to create a World of Peace, Harmony, Prosperity and Happiness.
Even last week he delivered the Bharat Ratna Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Commemoration Lecture at the ISRO (Space) Headquarters at Bangalore.
Global Dialogue Foundation - Administrative Board of Directors
Vice Chairperson - (www.globaldialoguefoundation.org)
Chairperson of SAGE Foundation (www.thesagefoundation.com)
Chairperson of Centre for Management (www.centreformanagement.com)
Trustee of Shahani Trust(www.shahanigroup.com).
Governing Board Member of the HSNC Board (www.hsncb.ac.in)
Founder Trustee of Women's Movement for Peace and Prosperity (www.wmpp.org) under the aegis of Times Foundation (www.timesfoundation.org)
World Wide Wealth Ambassador for XL Nation (www.xlnation.org).
Education Board member of Sadhu Vaswani Mission (www.sadhuvaswani.org) and Priyadarshni Academy (www.priyadarshniacademy.org)
Patron of Cancer Patients Aid Association (www.cpaaindia.org)
Governing Board Member of the Bombay Mothers' and Children Welfare Society (www.bmcws.com)
Chairperson, of the Justice H.K. Chainani Elder's Home.
Maya fulfills her duties with compassion, love and commitment.
Intercultural Open University (IOU),Nl
Prof. (Dr.) Subhash Chandra Associate Professor.(Hon.)
GHA Ambassador of Peace and Disarmament from Harmony in India,
Mission: To promote Global Culture of Peace & Harmony through
Peace & Harmonious Education and Transformational Leadership
- Founder Board of Trustee - Global Peace Foundation (GPF), New Delhi, India. http://www.globalpeace.org/
- Vice President- Global Harmony Association (GHA) , Nagpur, India http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=583 and
- Director: GHA Science - CSSS 2013 One Step up to World Peace. Research Program http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=579
- Project Director – Global Peace & Interfaith Harmony Project, India https://www.facebook.com/pages/GPF-India/542821939098670 and
- International Coordinator, WWA- World without Anger Kathmandu, Nepal www.worldwithoutanger.org
- Ph.D. - Doctorate of Philosophy in’ Peace Education & Human Development Management from Inter-cultural Open University (IOU), Opeinde, NL.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Ecology & Environment from I.I.E.E New Delhi, India.
- Post Graduate Diploma in 'Industrial Engineering ', from NIBM, Sri Lanka
Kush Kalra is a Law Graduate from Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, India and have done his under graduate specialization in human rights. He has written many articles which are published in national and international Journals of repute. Currently he is practicing in Delhi High Court. He believes that education can bring big difference to improve our lives. He also believes in Justice Krishna Iyer sayings “Something was dead in all of us, what was dead is hope and positivity”.
ACHIEVEMENTS FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Regional Finalist (Punjab) of International Climate Champions, 2009 Organised by British Council & Teri.
- Finalist Social Work (India), of Global Scholar-Education world 2009, Young Achievers Awards.
- Winner Green Apple Award for Environment, 2010
- Winner Karmaveer Puruskar for Human Rights Initiatives, 2010
- Recipient of Kamla Chowdhry Fellowship from Centre for Science and Environemnt, June, 2011
- Regional Finalist, 2011 Youth Volunteer of the Year Awards, an Apeejay Surrendra Group Centenary Initiative
- Attained the Gold Standard of the International Award for Young People, The Duke of Edinburgh , Dated 1-11-2011
- Awarded Gandhi Fellowship, 2012
- Member Indian Youth Delegation to China, 2012
- Membership Officer International Bar Association, Student Committee.
- Attended 3rd UNAOC Summer School organized by University of Aveiro and the Euro-Mediterranean University, which was held in Coimbra, Portugal from 5 to 12 August, 2012.
- Record Holder for Most Human Rights Awareness Programs (India Book of Records) May, 10, 2012
- Record Holder for Most Books on Law Published in a Year (Single Author), 20 September, 2013 (India Book of Records)
- Recipient of National Youth Award, 2012-13
- Record Holder for Most Books on Law Published in a Year (Single Author), Worldrecordsindia.com
Graduated (B.A. LL.B (Hons.) from Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala, Punjab Percentage Secured in Graduation: 67%
The Blue Ribbon Movement
Abhishek has been in social change since last 14 years now, starting with The Blue Ribbon Movement which he initiated as an 18 year old. Since then, work has involved engaging with UN processes, creating a South Asian movement of young leaders, doing large scale grass root activism in Mumbai (around both Civic Engagement and Gender) and exploring Leadership for Tomorrow.
Abhishek has engaged with UNAoC at the Summer School in Portugal, and then in the consultations in Shanghai. He has also supported the development of VOICE Magazine.
Global Citizens for Sustainable Development
Mr. John Anugraha - Executive Director
John Anugraha is an Education and Development Practitioner. John, as a
youth leader and peace activist, was awarded during the UN International
Year of Youth in 2010, the Honorary title of Millennium Development
Ambassador with due recognition of his services towards achieving
Millennium Development Goals and Youth Development by the Sri Lanka
United Nations Friendship Organization.
John is an avid traveler and has been sowing the seeds of ‘global citizenship’ during his travel all across the globe. John is the Founder and Executive Director of Global Citizens for Sustainable Development (GCSD), a not-for-profit organization based in Bangalore, India which focuses on youth leadership and youth empowerment, peace and culture, environment and other social development issues. John also runs the Vedike Eco-Residential School and Global Citizens' Learning Centre that focuses on education for migrant workers' children and rural to urban migrant communities.
He is the Coordinator of the Asian Citizens Assembly and Founder of inter-generational forums such as China-India Forum, Japan-India Forum, Korea-India Forum and Sri-Lanka India Forum that are actively engaging and empowering young leaders to work towards peace and achieving sustainable development goals.
As the Asia-Pacific representative at the UN-Habitat Youth Advisory Board from 2008 - 2015, John was actively involved in youth mainstreaming and empowerment strategies, including drafting and lobbying governments to adopt Youth Resolutions. John has also played an important role in planning and implementation of the UN-HABITAT Urban Youth Fund.
John enjoys his work in social activism and cultural youth exchanges. He teaches children at VEDIKE Eco-residential School, facilitates thematic sessions on issues around leadership, rural and sustainable development for young people. He heads various short-term Study Abroad Programs in India for International universities and experiential learning programs for schools and colleges in Bangalore. He has facilitated programs for universities such as J.F.Oberlin (Japan) and University at Albany (USA) for more than seven years in India.
SINDHI ADHIKAR MANCH ASSOCIATION
Mr. Gobind Gurbani - National President
Gobind Gurbani is Senior Economist
1. Our Organisation has been granted "Special Consultative status with Economic and Social Council UNITED NATIONS"
2. Sr. Vice President of "Rajasthan Swasthya Yog Parisad"
3. Executive Member "Eye Bank Society of Rajathan " http://ebsr.in/
4. Member American Economic Association https://www.aeaweb.org/
5. Member Pinkcity Press Club. Jaipur
1. Masters in Economics from Rajasthan University
2. Certificate course on "Corporate Social Responsibility "from CBI (Centre for Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries)
3.Manager Training Programme from Federal Ministry of Economics & Technology - Germany
Sparkling Angels Wholeistic Living and Holistic Healing
Roshani Shenazz Nadirshah - Founder